It’s win or go home for the Hawks and Cavaliers.
Following their loss to the Nets in the first round of the Play-In Tournament, the Cavaliers will host the Hawks as the two teams battle for the No. 8 seed in the Eastern Conference. The winner will advance to take on the Heat in the first round of the 2022 NBA Playoffs.
MORE: NBA Play-In Tournament, explained
The Hawks won the season series with the Cavaliers, 3-1. Led by Trae Young’s 30 points and nine assists, the most recent matchup between the two teams saw Atlanta cruise to a 24-point victory.
Young struggled to find his shot in Wednesday’s 132-103 Play-In win over the Hornets but still finished with 24 points and 11 assists. If Young can find his shot, it would put the Hawks in a great situation.
On April 13, Cleveland.com’s Chris Fedor reported that All-Star center Jarrett Allen’s availability against the Hawks is a coin flip. Allen, who is a vital piece to the Cavaliers on both ends of the floor, fractured his finger in a March 6 game against the Raptors and hasn’t played since. When healthy, Allen is one of the better rim protectors in the NBA, averaging 1.3 blocks per game on the season.
Here is everything you need to know to watch Hawks vs. Cavaliers, including the tipoff time and TV channel for Friday’s game.
MORE: Watch the NBA playoffs on Sling TV (US only)
What channel is Hawks vs. Cavaliers on?
- Date: Friday, April 15
- TV channel: ESPN (US), SN One (Canada)
- Live stream: Watch ESPN and Sling TV (US), SN Now (Canada)
Hawks vs. Cavaliers will be broadcasting live on ESPN in the United States and SN One in Canada. ESPN’s Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson and Lisa Salters will be on the call from Cleveland.
You can live-stream the game on Watch ESPN and Sling TV in the United States and SN Now in Canada.
Viewers in the US can stream all of the NBA postseason action live on Sling TV. With the Sports Extra package, get $10 off your first month now with access to ESPN, ESPN2, TNT and NBATV on Sling TV, the cheapest and most affordable viewing option for the NBA Playoffs.
Hawks vs. Cavaliers start time
- Date: Friday, April 15
- start time: 7:30 pm ET | 4:30 pm PT
The 7:30 pm ET tipoff marks the first game of Friday’s doubleheader. Pelicans vs. Pelicans. Clippers will be broadcast live on TNT in the United States and SN One in Canada at 10:00 pm ET.
How does the NBA Play-In Tournament work?
- The NBA Play-In Tournament will be held after the conclusion of the 2021-22 regular season and before the start of the first round of the 2022 NBA Playoffs. The teams that finish Nos. 1-6 in the standings of each conference will be guaranteed playoff spots. Teams No. 7-10 will enter the Play-In Tournament.
- Each conference’s Nos. 7 and 8 teams will face off, with the winner earning the No. 7 seed in the playoffs. The loser will still have one more opportunity to reach the playoffs.
- Each conference’s Nos. 9 and 10 teams will face off, with the winner advancing to play the loser of the No. 7-vs.-No. 8 game. The loser of the No. 9-vs.-No. 10 game will be eliminated from playoff contention.
- The loser of the No. 7-vs.-No. 8 game and the winner of the No. 8 9-vs.-No. 10 game will then play against each other. The winner of that game will be the No. 8 seed in the playoffs. The loser will be eliminated from playoff contention.
- Beyond the Play-In Tournament, the 2022 NBA Playoffs will follow the typical format, with the full best-of-seven series all the way through the NBA Finals.
NBA Play-In Tournament results, schedule
|Nets 115, Cavaliers 108|
|Timberwolves 109, Clippers 104|
|Hawks 132, Hornets 103|
|Pelicans 113, Spurs 103|
|Game||Time (ET)||US TV||Canadian TV|
|Hawks at Cavaliers||7:30 pm||ESPN||SN One|
|Pelicans at Clippers||10:00 pm||TNT||SN One|