Updated: Sunday, April 3, 2022 at 6:25pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, April 4 to Sunday, April 10, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: April 4 to 10, 2022
- Comedian Arnez J at Houston Improv | Daily – The Atlanta-native comedian brings his energetic, laugh-out-loud, and profanity-free material to the stage at West Houston’s Improv across four nights. Tickets are sold by the table; $60 for 2 and up. Showtimes vary.
Monday, April 4, 2022
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Trivia Night at City Orchard | No Cover – The cider taproom in Arts District Houston plays host to Geeks Who Drink’s weekly general trivia event. 7pm.
Friday, April 8, 2022
- The Legendary Art Car Ball at the Orange Show Center for Visionary Art Show off your wild and colorful side on one of the most vibrant, exciting nights of the year at the Legendary Art Car Ball. Enjoy performances from Golden Dak Arkestra, Bayou City Comeback Chorus, Houston’s ASS, DJ Boogie Soul, plus artist installations, food vendors and more. $35 and up. 6pm to 11pm.
- Comedian Whitney Cummings at 713 Music Hall – The stand-up comic, actor and director of The Female BrainWhitney Cummings makes an appearance at Post HTX’s music venue in Downtown while on the Touch Me Tour. $35 and up. 7pm.
- Frida en Primavera Fashion Show at TBH Center / MECA East End – Launching into MECA’s 17th annual Frida Festival weekend, this ticketed event showcases fashion and culture, along with a curated art and vendor market and tasty tamaritas and Mexican antojitos. $25; $250 for a VIP table. 7pm to 9pm.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Movie Screening at Market Square Park | FREE – Fake a sick day, convince your actually-sick best friend to steal his dad’s precious roadster, break your SO out of high school, and embark on an epically hilarious adventure across Chicago—or catch a screening of director John Hughes’ perfectly assembled 1986 classic in Downtown. 8pm.
- Lucki in Concert at House of Blues – The 2 Neptune N Back Tour brings the Chicago rapper to the Downtown stage at House of Blues, supporting his debut album, Freewave 3 and a forthcoming unreleased follow-up. $25. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub – Immerse yourself in the hits of the ’80s at the longest-running Friday night dance party in H-Town. Cover at the door. 9pm to 2am.
Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Crawdillo Club at The Union HTX – Enjoy a springtime celebration of bugs, beer, and baseball, featuring 2002 James Beard nominee Tony Nguyen’s Saigon House crawfish and Lone Star beer. $40; free for ages 12 and under. 11am to 5pm.
- Heads & Tails at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – 8th Wonder Brewery hosts Heads & Tails, a beer, crawfish, and live music happening with mudbugs and suds available for purchase. The live music lineup includes Hotel Ugly, Blaze x Black, Blossom Aloe, and DJ Mexican Blackbird. Noon to 8pm.
- Creek Group Crawfish Festival at Cactus Cove – Crawfish teams compete to boil up the ultimate mudbug cook-off at the Creek Group Crawfish Festival at Cactus Cove. Expect tasty crawfish along with live music. $25. 1pm to 6pm.
- 2022 Reggae in the Park at Emancipation Park – Listen to the sounds of Reggae, Soca Dancehall, and Afrobeat featuring music from around the world, plus food, artists, games, and other live entertainment. $7. 3pm to 10pm.
- 5th Anniversary Party & Silent Auction at El Gato – The Heights cat café celebrates its fifth birthday with an outdoor party featuring live music, food, drinks, face painting, cats and more. $30 and up. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- Charli XCX in Concert at House of Blues – The English synth pop songwriter appears at Downtown’s House of Blues to perform her latest release, the critically acclaimed Crash. $34.50. 8pm.
Sunday, April 10, 2022
- Houston Hustle Festival Vol. 4 at Sharespace near Downtown | FREE – The annual Houston Hustle Festival returns for a fourth edition at Sharespace Downtown, showcasing all-women businesses and vendors, along with special performances, raffle prizes, a live DJ, Instagrammable photo walls, and more. Noon to 4:30pm.
- 5th Annual Wing Cook-off at The Phoenix on Westheimer | No Cover – Fundraising for the MS150 cycling event and its mission to end Multiple Sclerosis, The Phoenix on Westheimer will host its fifth annual Wing Cook-off. Though admission is free, a $20 tasting ticket earns you a beer, koozie and tickets for eight wings with 100% going to the fundraising efforts of the “Warriors, Clowns and Hopadillos” Karbach cycling team. Noon to 5pm.
- Brazilian Food & Music Festival 2022 at the Wildcatter Saloon in Katy Back for its 7th year, this Brazilian fest features all-day performacnes of Brazilian music, along with foods, craft activities, kids’ amuseuments, and a vendor market that will feature 40 vendors doling out goods from the region. $5. Noon to 8pm.
- Astros FanFest at Minute Maid Park |– The annual family-friendly FanFest returns to Minute Maid, giving fans an afternoon of ballpark fun, with autograph sessions, photo ops, games, and a watch party to see the Astros close out their opening series of the season in Anaheim. $1. 1pm to 3pm.
- Ice Cube & Scarface in Concert at Smart Financial Center – Rap legends unite in Sugar Land when Ice Cube and Scarface take the stage at Smart Financial Center. $29 and up. 7pm.
- Clairo with Arlo Parks at Bayou Music Center – Downtown hosts two up-and-coming indie pop powerhouses when Clairo arrives to support her latest release, Slingjoined by Arlo Parks, who plays songs from their 2021 release, Collapsed in Sunbeams. $39.50 and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.