EKU men’s basketball plays in Jacksonville on Wednesday
Over the last three games, Eastern Kentucky has averaged 87 points per competition. Jacksonville only gives up 59 per game, the best in the ASUN Conference.
Jacksonville, Florida –Eastern Kentucky plays in Jacksonville on Wednesday.
The game is scheduled to begin at 7 PM ET and will be broadcast live on ESPN+. The game’s live broadcast is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM, and can be heard worldwide at EKUSports.com.
inside the chain
The Colons 2-0 at all times against Jacksonville.
The first meeting took place on December 7, 2016 with EKU winning 80-76 in Jacksonville.
– After nearly a year, Eastern Kentucky earned 70-65 overtime in Richmond on December 2, 2017.
– Eastern Kentucky is 11-13 and 3-7 in the ASUN Conference after falling home to ASUN Eastern Division leader Liberty, 91-84, on Saturday.
– Kurt Lewis He scored the best 21 points of his career against Liberty. He set his career highs for field goals (8), field goal attempts (15), and 3-point field goal attempts (11) and tied the career high with three-pointers (4).
– Michael Moreno He scored his first double of the season with 16 points and a top-10 rebound season against Liberty. It was the fifth double double of his career. He also linked his career with three blocks.
In the last two matches, Moreno scored 10 three-pointers. It’s 10 for 22 in that period versus 45.5 percent.
Over the last three matches, Eastern Kentucky has scored 87 points per competition.
– The colonel leads the nation in robberies (259), fourth in robberies per game (10.79 / game), fourth in number of forced turns (18.25) and fourth in turnover margin (+5.92).
Jacksonville is 14-8 overall and 6-4 in ASUN. The Dolphins snapped a three-game winning streak on Saturday with a 64-58 loss at Jacksonville State.
– Kevin Nolan led JU with 19 points and seven assists against Jacksonville State. Bryce Workman added 14 points and eight rebounds. After shooting 52 percent in the first half, the Dolphins only made 26 percent in the second half and 37 percent in the match. Jacksonville turned the ball only six times.
Nolan has played in only 16 of the team’s 22 games, but leads the team in scoring (13.6 points per gallon) and assists (4.0 APG). The worker ranks second on the team by scoring 9.2 points per game and contributing 4.8 boards per game.
As a team, Jacksonville averages 66 points per game and sheds only 59 points per game, the best in the ASUN Conference. Dolphins have opponents limited to 39 percent of shooting from the field (the second in ASUN), including 30 percent of 3-point range (the first in ASUN). JU also leads the conference in rebound margin (+7.3 per game).