Celebrate Poland will be back Friday and Saturday with several family friendly events.
Celebrate Poland is back June 24 and 25 with several family-friendly events.
The Chalk the Walk event will start off Saturday morning by brightening the sidewalks. Chalk art themes for this years contest are Poland history, cartoon/TV/movie or a whimsical, original work of art.
There will be 4 age group categories and each will have its own winner. There will also be a family and group category which will have one winner.
The cookie baking competition drop off will begin at 2 pm Saturday. Only chocolate chip cookies will be accepted for judgment. The bake competition is divided between adults, 18 years or older, and juniors, ages 17 or less.
Eighteen food vendors and Kids World, which includes rocks walls and bounces, will be available throughout the two-day event at the Cortland Lot near Village Hall.
A list of events is provided below:
- 5:30 – 7:30 pm Strawberry Festival @ Poland Presbyterian Church, 2 Poland Manor
- 6 pm – Poland Historical Society @ 2 Poland Manor
- 6:30 pm – Tour Village Graveyard @ Poland Presbyterian Church
- 7:30 – 10 pm Live Music by Disco Inferno @ Cortland Field Stage
- 8:30 – 11 am Registration & Chalk the Walks for Poland! @ Village Hall at corner of Cortland and S. Main
- 9 am – 1 pm Local Author/Artist Event @ Poland Library across from Village Hall, Route 170
- 10 am – 1 pm Book Sale @ Poland Library across from Village Hall, Route 170
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Marketplace Set-up @ Front Lawn of Village Hall
- 10:30 am – Poland Idol Contest Registration @ Front lawn of Village Hall
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Free Family Activities @ Cortland Field, behind Village Hall
- 11 am – 3 pm Petting Zoo @ Front Lawn of Village Hall
- 12 – 7 pm Marketplace @ Front lawn of Village Hall
- 12 – 8 pm Lion’s Club Mini Golf @ Front Lawn of Village Hall
- 12 pm – Poland Idol Competition @ Poland Village Gazebo
- 12 pm – Winners of Chalk the Walk announced @ Poland Village Gazebo
- 12 – 3 pm Brittney Marie Stilts & Hoops! @ Front Lawn of Village Hall
- 1 pm – Walking Tour of South Main Street @ Historical Society Tent
- 2 – 2:50 pm Great Poland Bake Off! Ages 18 and over & Junior (ages 17 or less) Bake Sale competitions.
- Drop off cookies @ Celebrate Poland’s Tent
- Only bake and bring chocolate chip cookies for the bake competition.
- 3 pm – Cookie Contest Judging of Adult & Junior entries @ Celebrate Poland’s Tent
- 5 – 10 pm Live DJ Jeff Dunn @ Cortland Field Stage
- 6 pm – Firemen’s Parade @ Main Street
- 6:30 – 9:30 pm Porgie the Funny Balloon Guy @ Cortland Field
- 10 p.m. – Fireworks @ Baird Mitchell Field
Village Hall is located at 308 S. Main St. off of Route 170.
For more information on Celebrate Poland’s events, visit their Facebook page.