Hello, friends! I’m here with your Monday edition of the Roseville Daily, filled with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Let’s dive in…
First, today’s weather:
Plenty of sunshine. High: 92 Low: 61.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Roseville who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Roseville Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top stories today in Roseville:
- Driving in Rancho next weekend? Be alert. Rancho Cordova police will hold a DUI checkpoint over Labor Day weekend at an undisclosed location. The checkpoint is designed to keep the community safe and deter people from driving under the influence. Authorities remind you that driving under the influence isn’t just drunk driving. Prescription and even over the counter medication can impair your ability to drive. If it says “do not operate heavy machinery” on the label, that includes driving a car. (KTXL FOX 40 Sacramento)
- Roseville Parks & Recreation Family Fest 2022 is happening on Saturday, September 24 from 11am to 2 pm in Vernon Street Town Square. There will be bounce houses, face painting, big trucks, music, dance, storytime and lots of other exciting activities! Learn more at https://bit.ly/2022FamilyFest. (Roseville Parks & Recreation via Instagram)
- Here’s the Placer County Sheriff’s arrest record for August 13 – 17. Just a few arrests in Roseville and it looks like they are all at or around the South Placer Jail. I learned something from this article. Did you know the South Placer Jail is on Go For Broke Road? Seems like most of the residents tried to do just that, with varying results. (Gold Country Media)
- Roseville Fire responded to a grass fire in the area of Lakehaven Drive and Cloverleaf Way on Saturday. They contained the fire at approximately 4 acres. No property damage was reported. (Facebook.com)
Today in Roseville:
- Head over to Sierra View Country Club for 15th Annual Kiwanis Swing ‘Fore’ Kids Golf Tournament. (7:30 AM)
- Join Scout Pack 507 at Kaseburg Park to learn about what scouting is all about. They will have activities to keep the kids having fun and give parents a chance to learn more and even sign up. (6:00 PM)
- Only Yesterday (Subtitled) is playing at Studio Movie Grill in Rocklin. (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Join Roseville Library’s 12 to Try Challenge! Read books from 12 different categories ranging from “Food” and “Book to Film” to “Travel with Reading” and “Staff Favorites.” Join a community with readers of all ages. Download the Beanstack app or click here to participate: https://bit.ly/3wA1wip (Roseville Public Library via Facebook)
- Head out to Auburn for KIDSAPALOOZA! Students will experiment with different instruments, hear new sounds, try synthesizers and beat machines, and more. Innervoice Media will bring out camera equipment and video equipment for youth to get a hands-on feeling behind and in front of the camera with a photoshoot area. Sounds like some cool, creative fun! (Facebook.com)
- Take a drive to Hillenbrand Farmhaus Brewery for Date Night with The Dirty Shirley’s. There will be beer, wine, mimosa’s and hand crafted food provided by Farmhaus-to-Fork Provisions Kitchen! (Facebook.com)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. I’ll see you around!
— Jeri Karges
About me: Jeri Karges has been living in and loving the Sacramento region for over 30 years. Her passion is finding new and unique ways to enjoy the city and surrounding areas. On weekends, you can find her pestering her friends to sample the restaurant that doesn’t have silverware, or try their hand at throwing an ax. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https://rockinretirement.subst…